Trauma and PTSD Treatment Center in New Jersey
PTSD can be a debilitating condition, causing intrusive memories and emotions that can interfere with daily life. True Life Care is here to help you heal. Our PTSD Treatment Center in New Jersey is designed to help people manage their mental health while getting sober. Please contact our admission office for more informations about our Trauma and PTSD Treatment in New Jersey.
Scope and Implications of PTSD
According to the WHO, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that affects almost 4% of people worldwide. While often only associated with military combat, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can also be caused by various traumatic events ranging from natural disasters to personal assaults. It can be a debilitating condition that impacts every aspect of a person’s life.
Although Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD can be challenging to live with, there are resources available to help those impacted regain autonomy over their lives and wellness. There are several effective treatment approaches that can grant you the relief you need. Our team at True Life Care is dedicated to helping you take control of your mental health through a personalized healing approach and compassionate care. book an appointment at our PTSD Treatment Center in New Jersey.
What Is PTSD?
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a mental health disorder that can develop in individuals who have experienced or witnessed a traumatic event. This trauma can take many forms, such as experiencing or witnessing physical or sexual assault, natural disasters, serious accidents, combat exposure, or the sudden loss of a loved one.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can severely impact an individual’s life, making it difficult to carry out normal activities. This condition can affect relationships, work, and even the most basic daily routines. If left untreated, it can lead to other mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. This is known as a co-occurring disorder.
Causes of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD
The causes of PTSD are complex and can vary from person to person. Some of the common causes of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) include:
- Military combat: The likelihood of developing PTSD is significantly higher among veterans who have been exposed to combat and other forms of trauma during their military service.
- Sexual assault: People who have experienced sexual assault or rape are more likely to develop PTSD than other types of trauma survivors.
- Physical or emotional abuse: Those that experience physical or emotional abuse, particularly in childhood, have an increased likelihood of developing PTSD.
- Accidents or natural disasters
- Witnessing violence: People who have witnessed violence, such as a shooting or assault, may also develop PTSD.
- Serious illness
You should know that just because an individual experiences a traumatic event does not mean that they will develop PTSD. However, some people may experience PTSD even if they have not directly experienced a traumatic event, such as in the case of a loved one’s death or a traumatic event happening to someone close to them. The symptoms of PTSD may take years to develop in some individuals.
Symptoms Of PTSD
The symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) can vary in severity and may include the following:
- Intrusive thoughts: People with PTSD may experience intrusive thoughts, which are distressing memories or flashbacks of the traumatic event. These symptoms tend to recur and can be triggered by reminders of the trauma.
- Avoidance: Individuals may also exhibit avoidance behaviors such as avoiding places, people, and activities that may cause intrusive thoughts or memories related to the traumatic event.
- Adverse changes in mood and cognition: PTSD can cause negative changes in an individual’s mood and cognition, including persistent negative beliefs and emotions about oneself or others, distorted thoughts related to the traumatic event, feelings of detachment, and a decreased capacity to experience positive emotions.
- Hyperarousal: This can manifest as a heightened state of alertness, feeling easily startled, and being on edge. This can also lead to difficulties with sleep, concentration, and irritability.
True Life Care
True Life is a premier mental health treatment facility in the Tristate Area that specializes in evidence-based techniques to provide comprehensive and compassionate treatment to individuals dealing with mental health conditions, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD.
PTSD Treatment Opportunities at True Life Care
At True Life Care, our mission is to empower those affected by mental illness to achieve sustainable and successful healing. With a focus on personalized care and attention, our team of experienced professionals can help you heal from PTSD, reclaim your life, and find long-term wellness.
Our PTSD treatment approach features a combination of evidence-based depression treatments guaranteed to help you heal and fully recover from PTSD. Some of these include:
- Psychotherapy, using approaches such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and even Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
- Counseling and Coaching
- Self-Help and Personal Development
Why Choose True Life Care?
True Life Care is grounded in a person-centered and holistic approach to caring for mental health treatment. We are passionate about helping every individual through their recovery journey, and we aim to provide education and resources to support our clients as well. Our supportive and collaborative team also offers:
- Evidence-based mental health treatment, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), and so much more!
- Personalized healing approach and compassionate care
- A holistic approach to mental health care that focuses on healing the mind, body, and soul to promote long-term recovery and wellness.
- Warm, inclusive, and supportive environment
- Compassionate and knowledgeable staff, adequately trained and dedicated to providing top-tier quality care that helps our clients thrive and achieve their goals.
Mental Health Matters - Make it a Priority!
If you or a loved one are ready to begin regaining autonomy over your health and well-being, know that we’re here for you. Let us guide you through your recovery journey and enable you to lead the happy, healthy, and fulfilling life you deserve. Please contact our PTSD Treatment Center in New Jersey below for help!
Reach Out to True Life and Begin Healing
We are the place for anyone in the recovery community. We will work with you to create personalized treatment plans that account for your unique needs and experiences, enabling you to lead the healthy and uninhibited life you deserve. Please contact our admission office for more informations about our Trauma and PTSD Treatment in New Jersey.